Doctor Mortgage Programs
At MortgageDepot, we take pride in our ability to find mortgage programs that match our customers’ requests. As one of the top mortgage brokers in the state of New York, our mission is to provide you with a mortgage that matches your budget, your lifestyle and your personality. We specialize in a wide range of mortgage programs, including financing programs for doctors.
Our team at MortgageDepot recognizes the responsibility medical doctors and professionals have in this country. That is why we have made it one of our missions to provide medical professionals with stress-free mortgage programs available through our vast network of lenders. The programs allow doctors to easily obtain homeownership through affordable financing or refinance an existing mortgage into lower interest rates with lower monthly payments.
Here are a few of the highlights of our doctor loan programs:
Primary Residence- Purchase and Rate/Term Refinance
- Purchase- Property types include 1-unit properties, warrantable condos, modular homes and PUDs with a minimum LTV of 80.01 percent and maximum LTV of 95 percent. The minimum credit score is 700 and the maximum loan amount is $650,000.
- Refinance- Property types include 1-unit properties, warrantable condos, modular homes and PUDs. The minimum LTV is 80.01 percent and maximum LTV is 90.01 percent. The minimum credit score is 720 and the maximum loan amount is $850,000.
*The program includes adjustable rates that are fully amortizing on first lien mortgages. The minimum finance amount is $20,000 for the doctor programs.
Borrowers must hold one of the following license types and their student loans must be currently deferred for a minimum of 12 months:
- Medical Resident (Educational License)
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Dental Science (DDS)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine or Surgeon (DMD)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Doctor of Ophthalmology (MD)
- Doctor of Pediatric Medicine (DPM)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Here is a list of borrowers currently ineligible for our doctor mortgage programs:
- Non-resident aliens and foreign nationals
- Non-permanent resident aliens
- All trusts
- Non-occupant co-borrowers
- Limited partnerships, general partnerships or corporations
- Non-arms-length transactions
*Ineligible property types include Non-Fannie Mae warrantable condos, cooperative properties and manufactured homes.
Our team of professionals at MortgageDepot can help you secure the financing you need through loans backed by the Federal Housing Administration or the Veterans Administration. We also help doctors who are direct from residency who need assistance with their first home purchase or help refinancing an existing mortgage with far lower interest rates and terms.
At MortgageDepot, we do not leave any stone unturned, and we cover every minute detail in the mortgage process. We understand that medical doctors have very little time to deal with the mounds of paperwork associated with mortgage financing. Let our team guide you through that paperwork and help you secure the mortgage financing you need and deserve.