MortgageDepot (NMLS #1133788) a rapidly growing, digitally enabled, multistate mortgage broker, is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator to join our expanding team. MortgageDepot takes a strategic digital approach to the traditional mortgage industry, which has landed us in Inc’s 5,000 fastest growing companies. We are among the Top 22,000 sites visited daily in the US, and Top 115,500 worldwide according to Alexa Traffic Rank. We run a powerful lead generation platform and are seeking a talented and motivated individual to take advantage of this client sourcing opportunity as we expand our branch operations to other states.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator. The ideal candidate will have an active NMLS license and at least 1-2 years of experience as a mortgage loan officer or in a similar role.
The primary role of the Mortgage Loan Originator is to leverage MortgageDepot’s offerings to attract customers, originate mortgages, manage loan pipeline, and network and build relationships with realtors, attorneys, financial professionals, past customers, and other nontraditional sources while providing excellent customer service. He or she will also be expected to supervise and provide guidance to less-experienced staff members.
- Leverage MortgageDepot digital platform and social media tools to engage with prospective leads.
- Build and maintain an active book of business through MortgageDepot provided leads as well as self-sourcing methods.
- Inform prospective and existing customers of the vast array of choices available through MortgageDepot lending partners, including all loan products and procedures, prevailing rates, policies, and underwriting requirements
- Gather and analyzing applicant’s financial data; including financial statements, tax returns and credit to determine feasibility of qualifying for a loan and match customers’ needs with an appropriate loan program.
- Compile loan disclosures and facilitate negotiations with borrowers to establish standards on items such as itemization of fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Interface between loan processors, underwriters, lenders and realtors on behalf of the applicant as needed to ensure a successful loan transaction.
- Remain up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Supervise and provide guidance to Jr. Mortgage Loan Originators as they transition in to licensed MLOs.
- Research and stay up to date on market rates and trends to better consult clients.
- Attend in-person and / or virtual meetings with potential clients or real estate brokers.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Active NMLS state license
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous experience as a mortgage loan officer or in a similar role
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Knowledge of guidelines for loan programs and various types of loans such as FHA, FHMLC, FNMA, VA and commercial loans, etc.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan computer software (e.g. Calyx Point)
- Experience in self-sourcing and servicing business leads
- Excellent customer service, sales, and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills required
- Must be open to participate in Marketing initiatives and office meetings.
- Bilingual is a plus, but not mandatory
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Additionally, we offer
- Immediate compensation
- Accredited fast-track MLO training program
- Low competitive rates and fees to your clients
- Over 60 wholesale lenders to choose from
- A suite of commercial property lending programs
- Automated pricing engine
- 24 to 48-hour loan approvals
- Referral base prospecting assistance
- Strategic co-branding partnership with realtors
- Access to digital lead generation system
- Access to full-service, in-house marketing, events and social media team