That’s right we now can qualify a borrower using only 1 (one) year of income tax return, the borrower must have a 2 (two) year employment history but only 1 year of income tax return is used to qualify the borrower.
We are always in search of mortgage programs that benefit the self-employed borrower or a 1099 employee borrower who writes off a lot and not claiming enough income to qualify for a loan, although these type borrowers can afford a much higher monthly mortgage payment. So what we have done is rolled out the 1-year income tax return program. Please contact our offices to speak with a loan officer who can let you know how this program works.
Below are a few beneficial points to the 1-year income program.
- Loans from $100,000 – $3,000,000
- Self-employed, commission: qualify on 1-year tax return — Self-Employed for 2 yrs
- Gifts permitted from acceptable family members — restrictions apply
- Cash-out proceeds can be used to meet reserve requirements
- Foreign Nationals permitted
- No Seasoning including cash-out refinances
- All occupancy types allowed
*This product is not regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services